Monday, May 23, 2011

One week down

Well some people didn't think we could make it even a week but we did. I need to get my camera up and running so I can share with you more of the things we have been doing. I personally prefer pictures. Who wants to read anyway?
I know most of us usually feel like we waste some time during the day . I definitely do. I realized that by not having a home to go to I always feel like I am doing something and its because I usually am. At home I might just sit around eating food and staring at the wall after work (you all know what I'm talking about) but when you don't have a home, that option doesn't exist. We are constantly on the move or doing something new. I read, make bracelets, chill in the park, meet new people, scavenge for food, and hang out with friends and I even go to bed pretty early, usually.. So far we have been doing wonderfully during the crazy rain storms that have been happening here. Now that that we have overcome torrential rains and floods I got to thinking, maybe there might be a wild fire later this summer that we'll have to run away from. It will make our andventure all the more exciting. Lets hope that we aren't the ones that start it though haha. To get food we have been cooking at various friends houses and just improvising where we can. Yesterday we hit up two linger longers and we crashed another wedding the day before, also Saturday was Lee's 30th anniversary and they had a ton of sambles that we took advantage of. Yes, we have money and can buy food but when you don't have to why spend money?
As we meet new people and make new friends it fun to see different peoples reactions to the vagabond lifestyle; some are jealous, some think we are crazy and some flat out don't even believe us. I think we will have a house warming bonfire some time soon. You are all welcome to come.
I've never told my employers where I live but one of my co-workers the other day noticed me eating both breakfast and dinner at work and he was like "are you living in your car or something?". Funny you should ask, I said, we are camping in the mountains all summer. So I guess I'm not living IN my car but I am living out of it. He was like, "oh well thats pretty cool I guess. So is this for like week or something between apartments?" Uh no, I said, actually its for the whole summer. "Oh...", he said I wonder if you can be fired for being homeless......

1 comment:

  1. For your sake I really hope that you don't get fired for being homeless. That would be really sad. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. I was wondering how you were doing when I kept hearing about the flood warnings for Cache County. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete