Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Influence of Women

As I have been watching myself and the people around me I have been seen some interesting occurrences. The most obvious and well known occurrence is that women can be quite the seducers and get guys to do all kinds of things they wouldn't normally do. We sometimes love them and hate them for it. The other occurrence is a little less noticed but is far more interesting that the first; girls get guys to do good things all of the time and often times neither the girl nor the guy even realize it. No i am not referring to getting us to stop burping or making us cleaner. What I am referring to is the influence that good girls make on guys that somehow makes us want to be better people. I have seen it time and time again. Guys suddenly start going to church, reading their scriptures or sharing their feelings about God after they meet a good girl. I've even seen guys want to get baptized after being around the positive influence of a girl. If a guys starts going to church with you it is a little more noticeable but what many of you girls don't realize its that even when those guys aren't around you they are trying to become better people on their own. I have seen my friends and even myself start writing in my journal and doing other things I know I should do, but haven't been doing, just because some pretty lady makes us want to be better people. So all of you seductresses who are so proud of getting a guy to do what in the back of his head he wants to do anyway, maybe you should start playing a different game; how about you start trying to influence him to do something he maybe wasn't planning on doing, becoming a better person. I'm defiantly not in favor of women manipulating men. Just beware of the influence for good or bad you may have on other people, especially of the male gender. I'm not saying guys shouldn't be good without women but why not go about helping us along the way. This isn't a petition for women to get churchy all of the sudden. Don't be over the top. Just be your best selves and you'll accomplish a lot of good.
I'm Good by Bucky Convington pretty much sums it up (click the link to hear it) . It's a funny song I think. It's a country song so caution to all country haters.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just tell you how much I love this post! I want to give you a high five and a hug! (: Yep basically this made my day! Good luck with finals my dear sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you wrote about this. I would agree wholeheartedly! And great song choice too by the way.

    ReplyDelete